“Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.” Proverbs 4:23 (NIV)
“God has given each of us a unique emotional ‘heartbeat’ that races when we think about the subjects, activities, or circumstances that interest us.” Erik Rees
Passion is the fuel of life. It is the great source of energy and drive. It’s what makes us explore new vistas, develop new relationships, and seek solutions to perplexing problems. Bob Buford
A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of. Luke 6:45 (NIV)
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Colossians 3:23-24 (NIV)
I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. 26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. Ezekiel 36:25-27 (NIV)
Soak and Share
Soak and Share is a way for you to take Sunday’s teaching to the next level and challenges you to soak in (reflect on) the teachings and share them with others.
The Soak & Share for this week is to make time for the Word, reflect and pray. It is designed to stimulate conversation and improve your reflective time. You can use this to reflect individually or for group discussions.
READ & REFLECT Proverbs 3: 5-6
- When have you had times where you didn’t trust God?
- What have you learned about God in those times?
- Look at your priorities & values. What is important to you?
- What are some ways that you can acknowledge God?
READ & REFLECT Proverbs 4:23
- Why does your heart need guarding?
- How well are you guarding your heart?
- What things would you need to guard your heart from?
- In what ways can you protect yourself?
READ & REFLECT Deuteronomy 6: 5-6
- What does it mean to love God with all your heart, soul & strength?
- How are you living out this “great commandment?”
- What have you been putting in your heart these days?
Here are some additional questions for you to answer about your heart’s passions. Send us your responses to firstname.lastname@example.org or reply in the comments portion below then we are able to add them to you Ministry Profile.
- What drives you?
- Who do you care about? What kinds of people are you drawn to?
- What needs are you able to meet?
- What causes can you help conquer?
- What is your ultimate dream for God’s Kingdom?