“Instead, we are God’s accomplishment, created in Christ Jesus to do good things. God planned for these good things to be the way that we live our lives.” Ephesians 2:10 (CEB)
“There are different spiritual gifts but the same Spirit; and there are different ministries and the same Lord; and there are different activities but the same God who produces all of them and everyone. A demonstration of the Spirit is given to each person for the common good.” 1st Corinthians 12:4–7 (CEB)
***Don’t forget to add email@example.com to the last page of the assessment so we can get your results too!
Soak and Share
Soak and Share is a way for you to take Sunday’s teaching to the next level and challenges you to soak in (reflect on) the teachings and share them with others.
The Soak & Share for this week is to make time for the Word, reflect and pray. It is designed to stimulate conversation and improve your reflective time. You can use this to reflect individually or for group discussions.
READ & REFLECT Romans 12: 3-8
- In vs. 3, how does it say we are to think of ourselves?
- Why is it important that God chooses to bless us with different gifts?
- In which ways do you see the different gifts spread out throughout your church?
- How have you been a good steward of your gifts?
- In vs. 8, what is the significance that those who have the gift of “showing mercy” are urged to do it cheerfully?
READ & REFLECT 1 Peter 4: 8-11
- How is God praised when we use our gifts?
- What is the command given in vs. 8? Why is this command so important?
- In what ways does “love cover a multitude of sins” in your relationships with others? Is there a relationship in your life right now that would benefit from practicing this command? If so, how could you practice this command?
- In what ways do you see Christians showing hospitality?