“The Lord, ” David added, “who rescued me from the power of both lions and bears, will rescue me from the power of this Philistine.” 1 Samuel 17:37
“Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.” – Norman Vincent Peale
Soak and Share
Soak and Share is a way for you to take Sunday’s teaching to the next level and challenges you to soak in (reflect on) the teachings and share them with others.
The Soak & Share for this week is to make time for the Word, reflect and pray. It is designed to stimulate conversation and improve your reflective time. You can use this to reflect individually or for group discussions.
READ & REFLECT Romans 12: 3-6
- What is the difference between natural abilities & Spiritual Gifts? What abilities do you have?
- How can developing your talents & abilities help serve the Lord?
- How have you benefited from the abilities of others?
- In verse 3, what reason does Paul give them to be humble?
- Why is it inappropriate to ever feel superior to others? In what ways have you been prideful about your abilities?
READ & REFLECT Ephesians 2: 8-10
- Our culture tells us that we can become anything we want to become. How does this mindset subtly creep into your walk with God?
- What does “good works” mean?
- List some ways that people wrongly understand good works? What happens as a result? (vs.9)
- According to v. 10, who are we? What does this mean?What does it mean to love God with all your heart, soul & strength?
- What does the passage say that God has prepared beforehand? What does this mean for our purpose in life? Will we be accountable? How so?How are you living out this “great commandment?”
- Reflect on your life. Have you focused on what the Lord has appointed you to do or more on what you want to do? Share. What steps can you take to make it more in line with what God wants of us?
During the sermon Dorsia had the congregation fill out a connection card with various Abilities listed. The Abilities are listed below. Please pick your top five and send us your answers in the reply box below.
ENGINEERING LEADING LEARNING MOTIVATING NEGOTIATING
PIONEERING TRAVELING STRATEGIZING SERVING TRANSLATING
WELCOMING FORECASTING INFLUENCING PUBLIC SPEAKING ORGANIZING
RESEARCHING ADAPTING PERFORMING COUNSELING COACHING
COOKING RESOURCEFUL COMPUTING LANDSCAPING RECRUITING
ARTISTIC PLANNING TEACHING PROMOTING COUNTING COMPOSING
DECORATING GRAPHICS MANAGING WRITING REPAIRING MECHANICAL
MUSIC LISTENING MENTORING BUILDING
JUST ADD IF YOUR ABILITIES IS NOT LISTED