Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego replied to him, “King Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to deliver us from it, and he will deliver us from Your Majesty’s hand. But even if he does not, we want you to know, Your Majesty, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up.” Daniel 3:16-18
Peer Pressure vs. Peer Influence
The enemy will pull out all stops to get you to BOW
How to STAND UP
Focus on the VOICE of God in your life
God voice is always GREATER than any others
Who, What, Why of God’s voice
– They didn’t SEE Jesus until they’re in the fire
– The ropes that bound them didn’t BURN OFF until they were in the fire
– Both Christians & Non-Christians are WATCHING the
way we walk through the fire.
Then Nebuchadnezzar said, “Praise be to the God of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, who has sent his angel and rescued his servants! They trusted in him and defied the king’s command and were willing to give up their lives rather than serve or worship any god except their own God. Daniel 3:28
Soak and Share
Here are some practical ways you can apply today’s message and share them with others.
MEMORY VERSES: Daniel 3: 17-18
“If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to deliver us from it, and he will deliver us from Your Majesty’s hand. 18 But even if he does not, we want you to know, Your Majesty, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up.”
This week we pray to have the confidence in our Lord and Creator to deliver us from our personal flames. I pray that I will understand that God is good regardless of how He chooses to deliver us from those flames. Amen
ASK & REFLECT:
- What in your life makes you feel like you’re being engulfed in flames like Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego were in?
- Do you have the faith and understanding like they had to trust God to deliver you from your personal furnace?
- Share with a friend your what’s going on in your life. Don’t be in a furnace alone.
- READ: Daniel 3
- Invite someone to come with you next Sunday to church.