As Jesus was walking beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon called Peter and his brother Andrew. They were casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. 19 “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will send you out to fish for people.” 20 At once they left their nets and followed him.
21 Going on from there, he saw two other brothers, James son of Zebedee and his brother John. They were in a boat with their father Zebedee, preparing their nets. Jesus called them, 22 and immediately they left the boat and their father and followed him. Matthew 4: 18-22
The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.” Genesis 3:18
Soak and Share
Soak and Share is a way for you to take Sunday’s teaching to the next level and challenges you to soak in (reflect on) the teachings and share them with others.
The Soak & Share for this week is to make time for the Word, reflect and pray. It is designed to stimulate conversation and improve your reflective time. You can use this to reflect individually or for group discussions.
READ & REFLECT 2 Timothy 3: 1-17
- What is your initial response to this passage?
- What is the problem Paul is pointing to in this passage?
- What is the main action Paul is calling for from Timothy?
- What is the meaning of these evil godless acts? How do these things happen today in our world?
- What are some ways people exploit weak willed women (or men) today?
- How do Christians face persecution today throughout the world? What about persecution in our country?
- READ 3:12 – what do you think this verse means for you today?
- READ 3:14-15. What impact did Christian teaching have in your childhood?
- Verses 16-17 say the Scripture thoroughly equips a Christian. How does it do this?
- What things are important in the teaching in our churches today?