You planned something bad for me, but God produced something good from it, in order to save the lives of many people, just as he’s doing today. Genesis 50:20
We know that God works all things together for good for the ones who love God, for those who are called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28
Did you experience so much for nothing? I wonder if it really was for nothing. Galatians 3:4
Soak and Share
Soak and Share is a way for you to take Sunday’s teaching to the next level and challenges you to soak in (reflect on) the teachings and share them with others.
The Soak & Share for this week is to make time for the Word, reflect and pray. It is designed to stimulate conversation and improve your reflective time. You can use this to reflect individually or for group discussions.
READ & REFLECT 1 Peter 5: 5-11
- What does verses 5-6 say regarding humility? In what ways can pride effect humility?
- What reassurance does Peter give us in verse 7?
- What joy, comfort or warning do you take from Peter’s instructions in verses 5-11 and how do they apply in your life?
- What anxieties or worries do you have that you need to give to God?
READ & REFLECT 2 Corinthians 1: 3-7
- Can you remember a spiritual experience where you have felt the closet to God?
- In verse 4, why does Paul say God comforts us?
- What kind of comfort do you receive from your faith in God?
- How might you share the blessing of this kind of comfort with a friend or relative who is currently suffering? What words of comfort can you bring to others?
- We all have been through or have seen brokenness. What brokenness do you have or have had? How is God helping you through this time or how has He help in the past? How would you be able to help others through your experience?
During the sermon Dorsia had the congregation fill out a connection card with your personal experiences. Please send us your answers in the reply box below.Write down a key word or phrase for the experiences that stand out in the following areas of your life.
Meaningful decisions/times with God
Problems, hurts, trials that have taught you
What were your favorite subjects in school?
Work related activities or situations that impacted you
How have you served in the past?