The Danger Zone:
The ‘I’ of the Storm
“I have spoken these things to you while I am with you. The Companion, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I told you.”
John 14: 25-26 (CEB)
Soak and Share
Soak and Share is a way for you to take Sunday’s teaching to the next level and challenges you to soak in (reflect on) the teachings and share them with others.
The Soak & Share for this week is to make time for the Word, reflect and pray. It is designed to stimulate conversation and improve your reflective time. You can use this to reflect individually or in group discussions.
READ & REFLECT Romans 8: 26-27
- Have you ever had difficulties praying, not knowing what to say or how to pray?
- Challenge: Pray even when you don’t have the words
- How is the Holy Spirit an advocate for you?
READ & REFLECT John 14: 15-17
- Think of someone who is a companion in your life. What are the characteristics of a good companion? How is the Holy Spirit a Companion in your life?
READ & REFLECT John 14: 25-26
- Why do we need a “teacher” or have to be “reminded?”
- List the difficulties recognizing & listening to the Holy Spirit.
READ & REFLECT John 16: 12-15
- How does the Holy Spirit guide you?
- Where have you stumbled before?
- How does the Holy Spirit help you stay away from the Danger Zone?