Don’t overlook the obvious here, friends. With God, one day is as good as a thousand years, a thousand years as a day. God isn’t late with his promise as some measure lateness. He is restraining himself on account of you, holding back the End because he doesn’t want anyone lost. He’s giving everyone space and time to change. 2 Peter 3:8-9 MSG
GOD SPECIALIZES IN “DO-OVERS”
In the most important thing there is, our relationship with God, a “DO-OVER” is not a dream but a reality
When do you need a “DO-OVER” ?
Why would God give us a “DO-OVER” ?
Why would someone not want a “DO-OVER”?
“But a wicked person who turns his back on that life of sin and keeps all my statutes, living a just and righteous life, he’ll live, really live. He won’t die. I won’t keep a list of all the things he did wrong. He will live. Do you think I take any pleasure in the death of wicked men and women? Isn’t it my pleasure that they turn around, no longer living wrong but living right—really living? Ezekiel 18:21-23 MSG
Soak and Share
Here are some practical ways you can apply today’s message and share them with others.
MEMORY VERSES: 1 Peter 1:3
“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us a new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.”
Lord, You are full of grace and complete forgiveness. Help me to walk forward from this day. I thank you that right now I can enter into a new dawn, a fresh start, and a new freedom. Amen.
ASK & REFLECT:
- What areas of my life do I need to ask God for a “Do-Over” so I can improve my relationship with God? With my family? With my friends?
- How does thinking about Jesus’ resurrection give me hope about the future?
- Continue with the 5-2-1 Challenge. See one of the volunteers for more information or call the church office.
- READ & Reflect: Mark 16: 1-20
- Invite someone to church with you as we start our new message series, OVERWHELMED