We articulated LifeSpring’s Purpose for the 1st time…
To increase God’s Kingdom by helping others begin, grow & develop personal relationships with Jesus Christ that result in creating bold disciples who actively seek to love others as God loves us.
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.” Jeremiah 29: 12-14
God is A_____________ involved
God wants us to make lemonade
This isn’t H_________
It’s only a S_________
God K_________ (even when we don’t)
God G_________ (we don’t earn)
Get to the H________of the matter
Don’t get comfortable, this isn’t your H________
Soak and Share
Soak and Share is a way for you to take Sunday’s teaching to the next level and challenges you to soak in (reflect on) the teachings and share them with others.
The Soak & Share for this week is to make time for the Word, reflect and pray. It is designed to stimulate conversation and improve your reflective time. You can use this to reflect individually or for group discussions.
*What animal do you associate with patience? Why?
*Do you think that patience comes naturally or is it something that you learn as you get older and more mature?
READ & REFLECT James 1: 2-12
- What does the passage say about perseverance? In the Bible, perseverance is often mentioned in the same verse as patience. Why do these two traits go hand in hand? What is the difference between them?
- What is God’s response when you ask for wisdom?
- What effect does doubt have on you when you pray?
- Does today’s society and way of living encourage one to be patient?
- In what situations is it most difficult to exercise patience? Have you experienced impatience? How do you think those situations could have been avoided?
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. Ephesians 4: 2-3